Little Ole Me

My photo
Southern, California, United States

Friday, August 6, 2010

Corn Dogs

My kids love and I mean love corn dogs. The boys had mastered the microwave by 4. And now my little princess points to the fridge and say dawgs mommie. What did I create.  So if you've been reading my blog you know I am trying my best to avoid process foods. Thank you Jamie! FYI Pledge here. So how could I take their beloved food away. I knew with  a lot of recipes out there I could find one that doesn't have 50 ingredients in them.
Recipe:

Hot dogs or Turkey/Chx dogs
 1/4 cup Corn Meal
 1/4 Tsp. Salt
 1 1/4 cup Milk (any type)
1/2 cup Flour Whole Wheat
 1 Tbsp. Sugar
 1/2 Tsp. Baking powder
Wood Sticks (Popsicles do great)

Mix all together. Save a little flour to roll hot dogs in.
If mixtures is not thick enough(think oatmeal) add corn meal.
First insert stick, roll in flour, then roll in mixture. Repeat over and over. Make sure fryer is hot. Should only take a minute to brown.
Yummy! I have experimented with adding chili powder, cheese, garlic, mustard to mixture. In the picture you can see I cut my dawgs up, so much easier to freeze. My boys call them corn pups.

Jamie's Food Revolution: Rediscover How to Cook Simple, Delicious, Affordable Meals

No comments:

Post a Comment